View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I do hope for Paradise Lost to win. I studied something about it in high school. I read a bit about it in different occasions. I would like to study it now, getting a general idea of the main themes, so to start with one of them, and through it to learn about some of Milton's poetic. obviously with guidance of some the many essays that I can find around. The other books that have been nominated do not have really any interest for me. In Paradise lost, on the contrary I see that some of the themes are actual and close to my interest. The fact is that even to day Milton is studied and discussed, creatively. There is a quarterly journal on Milton, that maybe my uni is subscribing. That would be a great help. But there is a lot on the net. Milton is considered a giant, of the calibre of Dante and Shakespeare. this would be a great occasion to know it better, especially with the help of the members for which English is the first language.

I will vote at the last possible moment, as by voting I lose the possibility of seeing who is voting what.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote