View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Funny, I always thought the identifiers would be merged by themselves. It does seem the logical way to do things.

And doing a metadata download right now, and scrutinizing the value of the metadata before and after, shows me I am right -- the mobi-asin is preserved.

mobi-asin will never be downloaded -- it is calibre-specific, used to store the value of the exth 113 MOBI header (a/k/a ASIN). So if you have ever downloaded metadata for a book, and that identifier is still there, it must've been preserved... and I have many such books.

I cannot promise what outdated and downstream-patched versions of calibre will do (yes, calibre is patched downstream by many distros, which sometimes breaks functionality. e.g. cherrypy and content servers with paswords.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote