View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_carver View Post
@BetterRed While looking at why my Calibre didn't have that long-press affordance at the place you mention, I found that I was running an ancient version of Calibre - 1.48, which seems to be the last .deb-packaged version of Calibre on any Linux repositories! I had assumed my regular 'apt-get upgrade's would have taken care of keeping Calibre updated, never knew that method had been abandoned. I'm now downloading the latest version through the recommended Linux install method.

And what you mentioned certainly a nice-to-have feature, but probably takes the same amount of time as manually copy-pasting it using keyboard shortcuts takes for me. But I'll give it a whirl once I get the new Calibre set-up with my preferences. (Don't want to just copy the config directory between major version changes, since that's already unsupported and might mess things up.)
I would try using the existing config data, if you run into problems you can always reset it by running the Welcome Wizard - it's at the bottom right of Preferences.

I'm likewise not fond of mouse clicking - long or short. You can focus on the Identifiers button with Alt+I, Tab, Tab but then what - I don't think there's a keyboard equivalent of long press, in Windows at least.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-05-2015 at 08:34 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote