Thread: Penguin 2.0
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
It is only added value if you are interested in the type of information commentary provided, as HarryT is. But even then, I question whether it is worth the price because you still can't share it with anyone. That is the primary difference, to my mind, between enhanced value DVDs and enhanced value ebooks: the DVDs can reside in my bookcase in a nice container and I can lend it to my friends; the ebook can't. At best the enhancements aren't worth more than $1 to me -- and not really even that -- as long as they are DRM laden.
If all you want is the basic text, you can download it entirely free from MR (or elsewhere). It's nice to have the choice of the two options - for me personally, the additional material is well worth paying the extra for, but if there's someone for whom it isn't, they don't have to buy it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote