View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Update.

Just called the U.S.A. iRex office ( http://www.irextechnologies.com/support.htm ). Spoke to Jeff. I told him I was somewhere between a techie and a developer (-: He answered all questions and was quite easy to talk to:

1. The consumer version will have nothing but software updates, right?
Answer: Yes. Software updates are released every two weeks on average. During April there was a software update every week.

2. If I buy the iLiad now would I be able to get the software updates that the consumers get?
Answer: Yes. Refer to above.

3. (just to clarify what Henrique was saying): The B2B can read PDFs correctly, right?
Answer: It has "a basic PDF reader." It can display text and images. He also said that "I find that the XHTML and HTML viewers work best for me."

4. Is it possible for me to purchase a B2B iLiad now?
Answer: "Real soon." B2B partners will be coming out with their own iLiads in fall. UPDATE: ribrdb has said that Jeff now says that nobody but B2B customers will be able to buy the iLiad before September.

Other interesting info:
1. He really hammered home the fact that the iLiad can only connect to iRex's website.

2. He said that the hardware is absolutely final, and that their is now problem with a techie buying it now.

3. He said that he had been with the iRex for a year.

Last edited by sammykrupa; 06-01-2006 at 09:32 AM.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote