View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Still possible to pickup an iLiad?

Maybe it is time to call iRex about actually placing an order?

Here is the news headline on http://www.irextechnologies.com/home.htm :

"Sales iLiad about to start."

If you then read:

"To individual consumers who have sent in their request for notification, we recommend to wait for our consumer version, which will have a more extended functionality (September 2006)."

It sounds like this line might apply to us more:

"In alignment with the availability of the formal approbation certificates, our B2B contacts in other parts of the world will be invited to enroll by July."

I am guessing the problems with the consumer version are format support, reader integration with the stylus, no ability to browser the web, and high price. This is based on the info from Henrique. They must have sorted-out the power management problems because even B2B markets like having good battery times

I really only like the idea of the iLiad over the Sony Reader because it has a bigger screen, more color levels, and I thought it would be coming out sooner.

I plan on emailing/calling iRex and asking them:

1. The consumer version will have nothing but software updates, right?

2. If I guy the iLiad now would I be able to get the software updates that the consumers get?

3. (just to clarify what Henrique was saying): The B2B can read PDFs correctly, right?

4. Is it possible for me to purchase a B2B iLiad now?

Well, if any of you get in touch with iRex before I do make sure to post the answers!
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote