View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #26
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a completely unrealistic price. Do you really place such a low value on books?
It's not unrealistic at all. These books are 40-50 years old, they are hardly hefty tomes, and the author is no longer alive. I would argue that charging $12-$13 a pop on the publisher's part is highly unrealistic. I don't have a problem with that price range for new releases, but for reissues of musty old stuff, c'mon! I want to read this series, but I can be patient. If the first book doesn't sell much at the current $11.99 price, they'll be forced to consider reducing. Simple supply & demand.

By comparison, I recently pick up the new ebook reissue of the 20th century classic novel The Magus by John Fowles & it was $7.59. Now that is very reasonable for a reissue. It came out at about the same time as the Travis Mcgee series (the sixties) and is easily 3-4 times the length. I'm enjoying it immensely. It is now $2.99 on amazon. So $2.99 is definitely realistic. It's just some authors & publishers overrate the value of their works.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote