View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
iamsissy
iamsissy began at the beginning.

Device: color nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloss9 View Post
Has anyone else had an issue with the Nook Color maintaining a connection to the wireless network at home? My nook keeps connecting and disconnecting. It keeps saying that it is "connected, testing", then it will say that it is "Obtaining the IP address" but no matter what it won't maintain the wireless connection.

I have a secured connection with a Netgear modem. And it seems that my wireless network password works at times and at other times, it will continue to ask for it. It toggles back and forth between connected and disconnected.

I know my internet connection is working because my laptop is connected.

I have spent over 3 hours with customer support and even gone into the store to finish registering it. Now I am ready to return the damn thing.
I can identify!!!!! After reading a log of blogs, I read that N routers are not compatible with the color nook. I can't say for sure if that is true, but I purchased a G router. Color nook is up and running. My brother-in-law installed the new router and that was a challenge replacing the old router. Your are right about customer support. I sure hope this helps.
iamsissy is offline   Reply With Quote