View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What I would like is a pocket size color tablet at a reasonable price. (Like the ipad, but kindle size, and kindle priced). I'd like to get one for my husband someday....in a year or two I hope tablets like that will be available.
You can get small LCD tablets for roughly what a Kindle costs. The issue is that they tend to be from manufacturers that you've never heard of and that they've made significant compromises to hit that low price point e.g. resistive touchscreen instead of capacitive or firmware that is just buggy.

If it is an Android tablet then make sure that it is actually Google approved as otherwise you don't have access to the Google Market for applications or the Google branded applications like Maps or Gmail. Anybody can use Android but to get those apps or market access then you need to have an agreement/contract with Google.

It is getting better though because there are more manufacturers entering the small tablet arena but its still a bit hit & miss at the moment for quality.

Last edited by Tiersten; 11-09-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote