View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I am sure that readers have limits with regards to size of an image due to memory, but I haven't reached it yet. The number of images should not be a problem.
Recently, as an experiment, given that there is a trend starting towards tablets and phones with higher resolution, I put a couple large images in an epub I made. Both images were large enough for a 400ppi+ display. I believe there already is a phone that either has or will have that resolution.

However, when I loaded the book on my Sony, I was dismayed to see the images not appear at all, just a blank where they were. Book was fine in ADE, and when I decreased image size to 1200 x 2048 pixels, they displayed fine again on the Sony.

So yes, I think reader devices may have some limits on image size.

Last edited by graycyn; 01-07-2013 at 02:30 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote