View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #18
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromMesa View Post

Actually one of the first things I did when I had my hands on the NC was to build an sd card with CM7 on it and then, when the device booted from it, I added several Cyrillic readers - fbReader, Moon+ and (I think) Aldiko.
IMHO, CoolReader 3 is one of the best FB2 readers, with FBreader not far behind. Almost all of the serious development discussions concerning CoolReader are conducted in the Russian language, so it must be well designed for use in that language.
If you are really intent on converting decent FB2 books into EPUB, and you are using a Windows PC, there is a much better way to go than the mess that Calibre often creates. There is a Russian program called FB2EPUB that will convert a standard complaint FB2 book into a standard compliant EPUB book complete with embedded fonts containing the Cyrillic alphabet. The output of FB2EPUB passes epubcheck-1.0.5 and/or FlightCrew which is something that has seldom happened with my Calibre conversions.
http://www.fb2epub.net/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote