View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #38
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ADE:
the previous 1.7 version is much better then the current 2.0 version.
For some reason v1.7 will auto associate for ascm files & thus will open library loan downloads correctly , but v2.0 will not. ( in windows 7), and in my view the layout in 1.7 is nicer. Google will find you an installer.

To remove the 2 page display, just click enlarge text size, button, you then get a single page, as you would in an e-reader.

ADE is a very good PC tool for testing how epubs will look, & whether they will work ok, on sony e-readers. A crash in ADE <= > crash on sony reader (1:1 match in my experience) - whereas sigil & calibre are both too tolerant - a book can be fine in both of those yet can crash on reader or CSS can fail to work correctly on an ADE-based e-reader.

I don't know how folks test for kobo, nook etc, maybe they just buy all the devices
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote