View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Not sure if this is your issue but I tried the ModifiedLarger variant and it did work for me.

Basically, I had to rename the four files to include the spaces in the font family name and came up with the following (I used Fontforge to see the font family name.)

Charis SIL ModifiedLarger-Regular.ttf
Charis SIL ModifiedLarger-Bold.ttf
Charis SIL ModifiedLarger-BoldItalic.ttf
Charis SIL ModifiedLarger-Italic.ttf

After copying the renamed files to the Kobo fonts directory, disconnecting from the computer and power cycling the Kobo, the ModifiedLarger font worked.

Edit: I tried switching to several English locales, French Canada, Spanish and Japanese and I saw no issues with displaying text style/weight other than oblique not working which it never does.
DB

Regards,
David
I've attached the renamed fonts. Please let me know if they are not correct. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Charis SIL Modified Larger for Kobo.rar (2.61 MB, 2706 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote