View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

If Paul does not beat us both to it, I will give it a go over the weekend.
The palm db header is pretty much the number sections in the database followed by a list of file starting offsets (and lengths?) and then followed up by those sections themselves.

If it helps, I believe Paul's Kindlestrip section code has the right code to adjust that table, it just needs to be modified to handle any record number as the SRCS record and to update all records until the actual end (since the SRCS need not and will not in K8s come at the or near the end).

BTW: we should be able to create something that removes the K8 part as well, but it may be complicated because of fonts and things stuck in the middle of the images. So instead of removing the sections completely (which would mess up the section numbers used in image links in the original mobi) we need to replace them with sections of 0 length.

Take care,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've been able to walk the additional resources re-using some of the same code from mobi_unpack to consistently identify the section that contains the "SRCS" data type (in mobis generated with the new kindlegen and the old), but I'm weak on my prc/mobi specs and how the various offsets need to be adjusted when stitching the file back together. I'm using this as a learning tool, so someone will more than likely beat me to a solution—but that's the way it goes I guess.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote