View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #63
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I have a few questions about how Mantano handles/displays pdf files.

So far, in every other ereader that I have tried reading pdf files in, I've had to zoom in/increase the font to a comfortable size for reading. This then caused the need to scroll down the page to read it and sometimes scroll from side to side to read a whole line of text THEN you clicked to turn to the next page and had to do the same thing.

My ideal would be to have the font large enough on the screen for me to read comfortably and then to be able to just turn the page to get to the next screen-full of text.

I'm currently using Aldiko as my reader and convert any pdf files I have into epub to be read there. Unfortunately, this leaves in the header/footer/page numbering that the pdf version has embedded in in. I've learned to basically overlook that in the epub converted file but would dearly love to just not have to convert the pdf's.

I hope I explained myself clearly in this as I have been in a continual search to find an ebook reader that reads epub, pdf's, and even html files, has an adequate font size for reading without scrolling the page down or side to side before turning the page.

Is that how your program handles pdf files??
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote