View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #278
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I want to chime in to add my thanks to johnstu for the tip on trackr.

One word of caution, though: The first Overdrive library system I went to ID'd the trackr browser as being from a mobile device. And, since Overdrive has changed their software to only offer those formats downloadable to a particular device, the only e-books I could see/look at were MP3s (Overdrive doesn't have anything available to read epubs/PDFs/etc). Unless I was missing something, I could not find a way to have trackr ID itself as anything other than a mobile web browser.

So, I couldn't even browse to see if trackr would have worked to send the .ascm file to Dropbox. I am going to see if trackr will send other files - just doesn't seem to work for Overdrive browsing/borrowing. Or, at least for that one library...

Which is why I also want to thank steph_g for her tip about using iCab. I used that app just fine to download the .ascm file to my iPad. Once it downloaded within the iCab app, I opened the file with the BlueFire app with no problem. So, it's iCab with the win ... for me.

I don't really know why it's so exciting to be able to download library books straight to my iPad (without having to use my PC); I much prefer reading e-books on my PB360. Snicker. I guess it's just because I can...

So, again, thanks much to johnstu and steph_g for their research and discoveries. Yay!
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote