View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #15
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
if epub becomes universal, than drm doesn't matter. because then your drmed epub can be read anywhere.
But there isn't a standard DRM scheme for ePub, right? I mean currently everyone seems to be using Adobe's ADEPT DRM for ePub but I thought Sony or someone mentioned developing there own at some stage. If this happens then just because your ebook reader supports Adobe ePub doesn't mean it will support all DRMed ePub.

Given the confusion that would arise, I doubt very much that anyone will create a different ePub DRM scheme but I've never understood the view that DRMed ePub will work on all devices that "support ePub".
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote