Thread: Seriousness When is HUMOR in "Bad" taste?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What was the name of that movie about teenagers carrying this dead person along with them and trying to pretend to everyone that he's still alive? It's classified as a comedy. Is it in bad taste? I certainly hope so.

I didn't think the movie was very good, but the PREMISE - for me - is hilarious. To cart a dead person around as if he's alive - prop him up, seat him at a bar, put him in bed, find him a prostitute, WHATEVER! The idea has me rolling around in my stitches.

Don
That was Weekend at Bernies. Loved it!

So Don, let me ask you a personal question: Are you native to Peru? I ask because every Hispanic male I know is very squeamish about bodily functions, as you describe. I have an acquaintance from Guatemala in front of whom I make a point to pop in an insulin shot, just to watch him turn green and see his skin crawl. He told me it is considered bad manners to do such things in public where he comes from. So I, of course, poke his personal boundaries whenever possible. After all, what are friends for?

Is this your experience also, that discussing or witnessing bodily functions is taboo?