View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #14671
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Last night, I finished A Man Lay Dead by Ngaio Marsh, the first of the Inspector Alleyn mysteries. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I thought the solution relied on information we didn't have, and I really couldn't seem to get a handle on the character of Alleyn himself. The setup was very similar to The Crime at Black Dudley by Margery Allingham, which I read a few weeks back and much preferred.

Still, I bought the (paperback) omnibus of the first three Alleyn stories, so Marsh has two more opportunities to impress me before I give up.

I don't actually know what I'm going to read next. I'm kind of committed to one more book this year, but I'm saving it for December, and this was the last book I needed for my fifty-fifty challenge, so I have a free choice.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote