View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
2. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
Will John Galt please shut the hell up before I put a bullet in my head.

8. The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordon, mostly)
A game like Monotony...I mean, Monopoly. Do not pass Go.

10. Anything Cthulhu Mythos (by H.P. Lovecraft)
Insanity, doom, dread, horror...bollocks! I've done scarier craps.

I love your comments, absolutely funny!!1

I still read Lovecraft, buy my God he's unintentionally funny, sometimes. (Call it a love/funny relationship.)

I love the story of the guy desperate to escape the drooling horror, but feels COMPELLED to stay seated in front of his typewriter and TELL us about it, until he's finally consumed!.

When I was pimply-teenager I ate this stuff up. Now that I'm older and wrinkled like a prune, I STILL EAT THIS STUFF UP!! The difference now is that I can shudder AND laugh at the same time.

Thanks for your great comments.

Don

Note: I think Cthulhu has us both now!!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote