View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette55 View Post
Did some looking in my computer.

looked in documents, it has a list of folders and one says Calibre Library.
Clicked on it and it has a list of folders with books in them such as Dcken's name, click to open and it shows the different books of his I have on my reader (and supposed to be in the library).

However, when I click on a book, it shows a folder with the title and cover then a file that states metadata.pdf
When I click on that it shows up this window:

Can't open file

To open Windows you need to know from what program to use. Can go online to look it up or you can manually select from a list of programs installed in the computer.

What do you want to do?

Two choices

use web services
select program from list of installed programs

the first one is marked

So, now what?
metadata.OPF

That is a VALID library (meta-data recovery/redundancy) file (and it sounds like you have a valid Library )

Start Calibre and use the Library icon arrow to Switch/Create
point to that "Calibre Library" folder and click OK.

Within a few, you should see a book list

As an additional check-up use that little arrow again and "Library Maintenance" Check Library (Note: you may have inherited some of the errors shown from the original )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote