View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 AM   #464
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
- Fit the thumbnail to the cover image, rather than adding bars on the sides.
I'll skip this part. But as GeoffR said, it is at least partly there.
Quote:
- Show SOME indication of activity between the "5 books on device" home screen and the "5 books including card" screen, so the user can tell the reader is doing something. Flashing the light by the power switch would work...
I don't know what you mean here. When I insert the SD card, the black processing screen is shown while it process any new books. If there aren't any, then the home screen updates if any of the books on the card should be there.
Quote:
- Allow the user to force the reader to rescan the card for new content.
As there is no way to get a book onto the card except in a way that will cause a scan, this isn't needed.
Quote:
- Let the user choose a "carousel shelf" instead of forcing the five most recent books on there. I may have just bought half a dozen new books, but I'm still reading the one I was on before I synced...
Both parts of this have been asked for a lot of times.
Quote:
- Allow series handling, including those that have multiple authors. Star Wars and Star Trek have a lot of those, and the present Star Wars format seems to be "one guy writes books 1/4/7, another 2/5/8, and the third does 3/6/9."
Already happening. But there isn't a way to prove it one way or the other with 2.4.0. With 2.3.1 or 2.3.2, just sort by title to see.
Quote:
- Let the user purge the device's database to remove any entries related to sideloaded books that have been deleted.
You mean when you connect the device to the PC and delete via the PC? They do get removed, but I think you have to restart the device. I haven't done this for a while.
Quote:
- Properly detect when a sideloaded book has been changed, instead of treating it as a brand-new book. Especially important for shelves...
You will have to explain this. I know what happens when you change a book and I believe I know why it works that way. But, that doesn't agree with "treating it as a brand-new book" and shelves. That makes me think you are seeing something different than what I see. Is this only an issue on the SD card?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote