View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
If you have additional processing steps after InDesign I don't see a happy ending in terms of revision control and ease of changes.

I maintain a product catalog in QuarkExpress and I make sure the final output comes straight from Quark. If something needs a tweak that I can't do in Quark I do it to the source artwork (e.g. in Photoshop, Creo, or Lightwave) and re-import it. Source art is easier to Rev control with just file names.

Your example post processing -- adding a horizontal rule, resizing an image, changing a background color -- should all be doable within InDesign because I can do all those in Quark (which I am told is currently a slightly inferior page layout program).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote