View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I asked him to enlarge it in the hopes that I would be able to get more size steps close to the size I like. It has the added benefit that the line spacing is much tighter (so I get more choices at the low end when selecting a line spacing).
I assume you mean that when you step through the font sizes, there is one that is just a little to small and the next a little two big. If so, you can tweak it on the device.

The sizes used by the font slider are not linear. They range from 12 to 58 but, there are only 24 values. From some experiments last year, the sizes are: 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58. These are from 2.1.5, and might have changed, but I wouldn't expect it.

If you want to use one of the missing size, you can edit the "Kobo eReader.conf". This is in ".kobo/Kobo". Find the line with "readingFontSize" and change the number. If the size you want is in one of the gaps, then the device will use it as the default size. If you change the settings on the device, it will update the file and lose the size.

That will work for all new books. But, for books you have read, if you change the font settings, they are stored in the internal database. For one of these books to use the new setting, you need to change the database. Removing the book using the device or calibre will also remove the stored settings.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote