View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #7
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
yeah, that's what i meant, haha.

Anyway, i just removed them from the text, then replaced a lot of "€" signs from the text that where supposed to represent "-" , " ' " , "-" etc (too much work, haha) and then save the document and latter open it with firefox and NOW its firefox who displays question marks:

One night in Oc�to�ber when he was ten years old, Tyler Dupree stood in his back yard and watched the stars go out. They all flared in�to bril�liance at once, then dis�ap�peared, re�placed by a flat,

I saved it and stored it in epub format again and imported it to the reader and now it shows up all blank (no text at all after where the first question mark was)

I checked the encoding on the file and its UTF-8. Tried changing it to all possible combinations with no result. It look's i'll have to transform it to lrf after all.

Will still post a solution if i find one. Maybe its just a bad series of book i downloaded

edit:

i also get an error when opening these books with calibre (last version)

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'metadata'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 448, in add_books
File "main.py", line 460, in _add_books
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\meta.pyo", line 82, in get_metadata
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\__init__.pyo", line 214, in smart_update
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ opf.py", line 210, in __get__
File "C:\Program Files\calibre\library.zip\calibre\ebooks\metadata\ opf.py", line 239, in get_title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'metadata'

Last edited by gonzule; 08-23-2008 at 11:32 AM.
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote