View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
dubyajay
dubyajay began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs600
Jim,
You are SO lucky. Yeah. I don't listen to music on it or takes notes. I did maybe one dictionary lookup a day. I was just using it to read.

I probably wouldn't be so bummed or vocal about it if this hadn't been going on since November and if this weren't the second unit I'd received. I was hoping the third one would be as good as yours but it doesn't look like I'm going to be getting it because Sony won't acknowledge that their UPS system doesn't work the way think it does. What's really frustrating is they won't contact ups to fix it. They have issued three pick up tickets and UPS has not received any of them. I have talked with ups and they can't do anything about it. They just wait for the pickup labels to show up. So I have to keep calling Sony every three days and ask them to issue more because UPS didn't show up for the others. Meanwhile, my reader is sitting in a box.

I'm glad you had a good experience, but I will be doing my best to spread the word about Sony's poor quality reader and customer service. People need to know before buying and if I can convince just one person that Sony is not a good purchase, then I'm happy ;-)

WJ
dubyajay is offline   Reply With Quote