View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The following surprised me: I did not think the Kindle store actually stored backups of each individual ebook you bought but rather regenerated them from a master if they needed re-downloading. Or perhaps Andrew Savikas just means that the new DRM-free versions can't be used as replacements for the existing DRM-ridden ones.
This is a long shot guess - If you remember Fictionwise has a situation where a set of books are not now available for download because access has been, in case I do not have it quire right, allegedly denied. They said they do not hold the digital inventory for all the books. The Fictionwise web site for some publishers sends the user in the background to the publisher site. Maybe the DRM books were held and maintained by Amazon but the DRM free books will now come directly from the publisher or visa versa. This disconnect may break the original version control of the inventory. Just a wild guess.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote