View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #123
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I copied the one I just built earlier when I built libasound.a. When in the same K5 folder as the tones program, it actually runs, but reports a playback open error (no such device or address), just like twobob's compile did on the K5 with its original libs.

I will try it on my K3 now WITH the .so file...

EDIT: No, same error on K3 as K5:
Code:
[root@kindle us]# ./tones
Playback device is hw:0,0
Stream parameters are 44100Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
Sine wave rate is 440.0000Hz
Using transfer method: write
ALSA lib dlmisc.c:246:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) symbol _snd_pcm_hw_open is not defined inside [builtin]
Playback open error: No such device or address
[root@kindle us]#
So with the libasound.so copied to the run folder, it runs a bit before bailing...

FYI, my CodeSourcery is "2010q1-202", which works great for my monolithic demos.

So, do I need to install an OLDER CodeSourcery then? Which one will build apps that run on 2.5.8 through 5.1.0 firmware? This mismatch is WHY I want a static linked app with no (uncommon) library dependencies. I do NOT want separate compiled versions for different kindle firmwares...

P.S. I built the latest alsa 1.0.25... Do I need a version older than 1.0.9 then? I do not enjoy dealing with this stuff, and this is supposed to be a HOBBY... It is so much easier to pipe STDOUT to aplay (but much less elegant).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-12-2012 at 12:55 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote