View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
As for PRS+, I've looked into it, and frankly, it scares me to try something like that on my 350. Also, I couldn't understand the instructions for doing your own fonts.
PRS+ is now easier than ever to install. You simply download the correct file for your reader (it will say 350 in the filename so there's no mistake there), unzip the file, hook up your reader to your PC, and double click the setup.exe file, follow the directions (which are simple) and just wait a few minutes for it to complete. It's pretty much foolproof at this point.

To use your own fonts, create a "fonts" directory in the root of the reader and just copy/paste whichever fonts you want to use. Each font style should have 4 versions of it for normal, italic, normal bold, and italic bold. The fonts can be either .ttf or .otf, both will work fine. If you have bad eyes like me, for some fonts I use only the bold versions for when reading in dim light.

Then put your css file into the database\system\PRSPlus\epub directory, name it pretty much anything you want to identify the font, just be sure the file extension is .css. Below is a sample of one of mine that pretty much changes every book for me (at least I haven't found a book yet that it hasn't changed fonts for). Just make sure the font names are identical including capitalization and spacing. So for this file, the fonts I have located in the font directory are LexiaDaMa.otf, LexiaDaMa-Bold.otf, LexiaDaMa-Italic.otf, and LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.otf.

You can post if you run into any problems with the .css files and you'll get plenty of help. I don't think anyone has bricked their reader installing PRS+, and there's a way to go back to the Sony firmware if you ever need to, the PRS+ site has the files to do it.

Sample of css file, LexiaDaMa.css:
Spoiler:
@font-face {
font-family: "LexiaDaMa";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/fonts/LexiaDaMa.otf);
}

@font-face {
font-family: "LexiaDaMa";
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;