View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
I was wondering that since I'm sending through calibre, does Amazon reject the email just because it somehow 'knows' that its not from the whitelist but instead its sent by someone else(which is calibre in this case).
In simple words, can calibre spoof (is that the right word?) the emails to look like its coming from my gmail id almost perfectly?
I don't have a Kindle and have no experience in this area, but I can tell you that Amazon only knows that it is coming from a gmail account. Amazon has no idea or cares that it is from calibre.

If I understand correctly you can send books to your gmail account from calibre, correct?

Can you manually send a book to your amazon account from gmail?

If you can then send to Amazon from gmail outside of calibre then It sounds like you have jumped through all of the proper hoops. At this point I would look for typos or hidden characters in the info I entered into calibre. I would remove every email address in any spot I could and type them in manually one letter at a time.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote