View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
I thought Linux is much more robust and stable than Microsoft Windows.
This sounds like a fanboy-type statement.

It all depends which Windows you have, which Linux you have, and what you are doing. And since it's almost impossible to keep all variables constant, it comes down to a gut impression.

My gut impression is that Linux used to be more stable but Windows has roughly drawn even.

I once had a GPS based on Windows Mobile. I'd think that the Kindle could have been based on on a Windows family OS, and it wouldn't have made much difference to us.

My Kindle Keyboard does sometimes reboot itself. Maybe once a week it will do that, or freeze.

I remember reading, decades ago, that the Mac was so good, you only had to reboot once a day. Standards have risen, but eReaders are still computers on the inside, and still have bugs.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote