View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I compiled the newest KindleTool. It display usage info, but it "Cannot open input file for reading". Any ideas?
Yes: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=111

kindletool is (unfortunately) totally, utterly broken (see my posts about that in the Jailbreak thread). It works sometimes, but unfortunately, it produces garbage many other times. The reason is not so much wrong coding, but wrong assumptions about memory management (which seem not to hold in current Linux distributions).

For newer .bin packages (like the font hack), kindletool did not work, so I am now relying on the "unofficial kindletool mode" that I built into the localization package, where the original "kindletool" is only used for converting packages.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote