View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Update could be easily unpacked with kindletool and it contains whole files, not the binary patches as in 5.0.3. So it's easier to inspect for differencies.

Remeber, it's not only update from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4. It's also an update from 5.0.0 to 5.0.4 (i.e. 5.0.3 is included in 5.0.4). And, as it contains whole files, big size doesn't means big changes.

There is a new busybox. I've tried to unpack tar.gz containing /var/local/system/locale with busybox from 5.0.4 and result was the same as with busybox from 5.0.3. So, I suppose, current jailbreak method should still work.

There is a new kernel.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote