View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #467
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekeal View Post
I like the way that Bookeen somewhat optimistically use the occasional post to their official blog to up-sell the shiny, Epub-compatible Opus to any eagerly-awaiting Cybook owner who is fed up with waiting for the upgrade.

I cannot imagine how or why anyone who is able to carry out even the most basic internet search about a product before parting with their money will be persuaded that buying from Bookeen is a good idea.

I accept that the Cybook does what I'd bought it to do - it allows me to read .mobi format e-books. What concerns me is that Bookeen effectively told me a year ago not to invest in any more .mobi books, because my reader would be Epub-compatible by early 2009. The device is now on a shelf gathering dust as I have run out of .mobi material. Bookeen don't even bother to acknowledge polite emails requesting an update on the firmware. Their lack of meaningful communication is inexcusable, and I would advise anybody to steer well clear. Rant over.

Mike
But there *IS* an ePub-compatible Bookeen Cybook Gen3 available - right now! It's called the Sony PRS-500!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote