View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #49
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Picking one of the posts in this thread at random:
Quote:
a) PID 4163 REV 0110
b) Germany
c) Came with 1.9.12, up to 1.9.17 via desktop, manually down to 1.9.16, up to 2.0 via desktop, manually to 2.01 and 2.11, no problems with any of the updates
d) just the usual problems, right now (2.11) nothing worth mentioning except the screensaver bug. On 1.9.17 missing top border, on 1.9.16/17 sometimes unresponsible until turned off, pretty slow with everything. On 2.0 slow page turns and screen saver bug
I wonder why the Kobo user community should really, seriously have to be dealing with this kind of inside-the-gadget for something that costs maybe $150. Did people do this with the first batch of, say, HP financial and scientific calculators? Must an ereader be so complex?

Just asking, late on a Sunday on the Pacific coast. My 10-year-old refrigerator is melting everything, so maybe I have doubts about 21st century tech.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote