View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #34
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
From my observations of how TOPAZ ebooks display on a Kindle's screen, they seem to contain an embedded font as bitmaps in six fixed sizes and the "font" is based on scans of the actual document (so some letters could appear twice if it does not scan well and the OCR software ends up with two canonical glyphs). This embedded font is then used for more or less conventional OCR transcription into "text". However, this could be completely wrong. So far as I know, Amazon has never discussed TOPAZ in public.

Is the iPhone font anti-aliased? It isn't on the Kindle, which is one reason I think there are actual bitmaps in the ebook.
I think we're kind of talking at cross purposes here. I agree that on the Kindle, Topaz books display as bitmaps. I thought it was different from how they look on the iPhone, but now, I'm not so sure. Perhaps I was confused because, IMO, the Topaz books don't look nearly so bad (and navigation is much faster) on the iPhone.

Sorry for the confusion.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote