View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
As I read the article, it seems that the ad reference is not to books but to periodicals, where most readers currently expect to see ads. I'm not clear on how this segued into ads in books.

FWIW, paperbacks that have included ads have been intermittently published over the years, so this isn't exactly something new. Plus I can envision an increasing number of authors signing product placement deals, just like the movies. It was done experimentally a couple of years ago. Instead of the hero drinking coffee, s/he could have a Starbucks latte while trying to determine whether the deceased was and is truly deceased or just metamophosing into a new form before eating a Nathan's hotdog.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote