View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #48
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@Loeffel - the reason why it doesn't get that ISBN number is because it contains a mixture of dashes and periods. Previous posts have questioned whether people had seen this situation - obviously you have now found such a case (most likely given your pasted text due to it being a European edition of a book).

Your "counter stays on 1" comment - do you mean it only finds one ISBN on all your books? In which case yes this is due to the regex.

As I have posted several times I took the regex used by this plugin from someone else's extract ISBN script on the assumption that it was an evolution of many people's attempts over time before it. Clearly it was not as "proven" as we would like given these variations from yourself and drMerry. I'll take a fresh look at that part of it over the next few days, including what drMerry has been experimenting with.

What would be extremely useful is a list of test case ISBNs of variations people have seen - if people could please post these (either stick them in a text file attachment or just post directly in the thread, either will be fine). That way I can make sure the next implementation will cater for your examples.
A Mixture of dashes and dots or spaces was not in the spec I read a long time ago. Any single method was permitted.

Language-Publisher-Book_number-Check_digit

where Language and Check_digit are single characters and the others add up to 8 characters.
Are they trying to sneak in the publishers 'Imprint' encoding into the Book_number?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote