View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is going to be very useful. Thanks!!

If you'll indulge me for a moment, there are a couple of features that I would love to see added to this plugin.

1. An option to split the file name and extension into two columns.

As it is, this allows you to see the original format of the book when it was first imported, which is great. Several people have asked for that feature. Splitting the extension into its own field would make it easier to identify these original formats in the tag browser. Also, I use a custom Title ID field in my Save to Disk template. If I could populate this field without the extension, it would work perfectly. Yes, I could run a search and replace on the books to remove the extension, but that's one more step I have to perform.

2. Save the file path in another column.

Ideally it would convert the path separators "/" or "\" into periods. That way, it could populate a hierarchical field and you could use the tag browser to browse the folder structure.

Even better would be to include a field in the plugin setup for a "relative path" prefix. If the file path begins with this prefix, it removes it before populating the column. e.g. if the relative path is "C:\In\Ebooks\" and the book comes from "C:\In\Ebooks\Science_Fiction\Verne_Jules\" then it would populate the File Path field with "Science_Fiction.Verne_Jules".

If you decide not to add these, I'll probably dust off my old Python books and see if I can add the features to my own copy of the plugin, but I would love to see them implemented in the official version.

Thanks again!
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote