View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 05:29 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Unfortunately, the PocketBook devices have a brief pause after each sentence for the display to highlight the next line, and I think that effectively limits the speed. However, I bet a similar thing can be done with audiobooks, if you have a playing app that can change the tempo at which the file is played. I tried with a podcast, and found I could listen to it comfortably at a 50% higher tempo. Twice the tempo was too hard to follow, though, right off the bat.
Yes, you need to tweak pitch lower to go really high.
There used to be old-style tape recorders with pitch adjustment for use to record material for transcription.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote