View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
I'll try to explore your device through distance... I'll hack it through space....

Lightning Lighting is also could be controlled through powerd: look at the output of
Code:
lipc-probe -v com.lab126.powerd | grep fl
(It shoulld be properties flIntensity and flMaxIntensity).
This could have been useful when I was looking through my PW to find a program / function to turn off the light. Long story short, there is none. Or rather there appears to be none. flMaxIntensity I have not messed with (yet). From what I experimented on flIntensity I have found this:
- it is the light level that is selected on the slider, it has int values of 0 - 24
- it does NOT coincide with the values you get from reading the device itself
- if you change the values the light switches to the corresponding value (0 -> 1, 24 ->254) no matter if you touched the slider or used lipc-set-prop
- if the light is turned off (e.g. in screensaver mode) flIntensity still reads the last selected lightlevel, so you can find out what it was
- this also means that you cannot read this and assume the light is on, or on at that t level - if you want to reset the light, read the value first and then set it again
- if setting it out of range ( over 24 ) the real device will still only be set to 254
- there is no way to turn the light off with lipc, even though it has a function to turn it on

flMaxIntensity could be a solution, but that will depend on how it is used and if the values in it are device numbers or slider numbers. But since it is so easy to write to the device, I rather do that - no need to switch the max back when you are done.

Happy Hacking

p.s.: I really should start using a MR search first before going hunt for something on the Kindle itself. Not that it wasn't fun to use only: cd, pwd, ls, less, grep and vi. The invaluable insights are worth all the trouble - found some really interesting easter eggs on the way.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote