View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
File type plugins really should not be accessing the GUI. Nor should they need to, the custom metadata will be available in the mi object. In this case, the changes would have to be made to the kindle driver plugin, not a file type plugin. The relevant function is upload_cover (which john hijacked to upload the apnx file instead). IIRC this function is passed a metadata object, so all you need now is a modification to add a preference to the kindle driver that will allow users to specify which column should be used for this information.

I have no objections to this in principle (I might have technical ones when I see an implementation, but those can be fixed).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote