View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
I found the purchased files in My Documents\My Books\eBook Library, but I figured out that that the rest of the files I import, if the path changes, then Sony can no longer find the file.
That's correct. When you import an eBook into the Sony software it just links to where ever the file is. So you need to put the file where you want it to live before importing into eBook Library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palex481 View Post
Quite annoying. I only use Ebook library because of the Pre-pagination, otherwise I'd most gladly use Calibre, as I use that for conversion already.
What I do is download to my desktop upon purchase, or getting from TOR, or bane or whatever. Then, if it is a LIT that needs convert lit I run that on it. Once that is done I import it into calibre and convert it into an LRF. Then I do a save to disk for that/those books from calibre. I always select the same folder, My Documents\My eBooks\calibre... calibre creates a nice organization folder structure by author name then book name.

Finally once that is done, I import the .lrf from the calibre folder structure into eBook Library. If it is a mobi download I also add it to Mobipocket software. Finally I delete the book off my desktop.

This gives me the books, on my drive nicely organized and the ability to move books to my 500 with eBook Library. Although I am highly contemplating a move to a reader that supports mobi.

Anyway... the above may sound bad, but it only takes a few seconds. I have a single directory with all of my books that can easily be backed up with Jungledisk or whatever. I also have the books converted for the Sony and in the eBook Library for moving to the device.

HTH,
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote