View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #1060
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Customer service of Expansys

I've had 2 very negative experiences with Expansys.
a.) The Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 they've sent me had all Samsung apps exclusively in French, no matter what system language I chose. Reset and such didn't help. Eventually, I rooted the tab and deleted all Samsung apps.
May not be a biggy for lots of you. But personally, I like to have a consistent user experience = the very same language through all apps. And I'm not happy, that I have to solve this by rooting my gadget.
I've sent an email to their "customer service" about any tips. Still, after 7 days, no reaction at all.
b.) I've ordered the LG Optimus Pad. They've confirmed the order and their website stated "2 units on stock with our subcontractor". After 5 days (!) without further update, they sent a brief note "not available anymore". I've sent 2 requests ("you confirmed, what do you think to do about that?"). Now I've got an email form their "customer service": "You can send thousands of emails every day, this won't change a thing".
Wow! Great customer service!
I guess, I know now, why they have been a bit cheaper than Amazon. "Cheap" as in "no customer service, no support, no professionals".
I hate websites like that:
a.) Their website ("2 units on stock") should be up to date. Navision and other tools like that easily allow for that.
b.) They shouldn't confirm my order without checking availability. Amazon confirms even delivery dates exactly to the point. You just have to be in control of your inventory.
c.) It shouldn't take them 5 days (!) to come back to me. I'd understand for an email within, let's say, 12 hours after placing the order "Sorry, not available anymore".
d.) If they make such a mistake, they should have something to offer. For example "would you like to order the Xoom 2 instead? if so, here's a discount of X%".
e.) I've sent them 3 emails in total. And that's only because I didn't get any response at all. I shouldn't get a reaction "send as many emails as you want, it won't change a thing".
f.) There's no way, to escalate. My last email went to the same email address and the very same person, I wanted to complain about.

Am I a sissy for being pissed?

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-02-2011 at 05:52 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote