View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1066 View Post
I copied the whole folder "My Ebooks" across the network on 3 occasions now
Was My Ebooks your calibre library? What do you see in this folder? Are there any actual ebook files in this directory structure?

Quote:
I manually moved the June db file from Calibre to My Ebooks folder.
Unless you do something special your metadata.db file is the root of your calibre library folder. What folder did you acquire the June DB file from?

Quote:
I reopened the empty Calibre program today and it registered the books, but as empty entries.
This is expected of a metadata.db file that does not find the folders/files it expects in the folder it is in.

Quote:
Shall I report it as a bug?
At this point I see no bug.

Without looking over your shoulder it is hard to tell for sure. But whatever folder you found the June metadata.db file is the folder that was most likely holding your calibre library and should be the folder you point to in preferences/general.

I think you have been pointing to the wrong folder and dragging the metadata.db file to the wrong folder will do what you have described. Put the metadata.db file back where it was and point to that folder.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-05-2010 at 05:20 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote