Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:46 PM   #47
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
The different logos for genres was a good idea. But I like the single brand identity that you have with skull hat guy.

Beyond the Black's colors are kind of drab. I know. I probably should have made a gray bubble or something, but I had enough of a hard time just making the darn orange one that it stuck. The texture on the back was a water texture of a photo of the ocean. The blackish dark colors were there to sort of symbolize that they're under the oceanish. Out of the three I posted, the last one got the most positive reception.I'm sure if I went back and tweaked it some more, it would be completely different. I'm just afraid that the cover may give away the story. Shadow Hunter's not part 2 of the forgotten lands. It's something completely different.

Shadow Hunter is part of my pulpy supernatural noir/detective stories. I've been doing them for years and he's kind of a fan service to myself.

Kind of Harry Dresden with a badge. But, where Harry Dresden is rather socially awkward, Wilfrey is more in your face. He's more like Gabriel Knight with a gun. That's for those of you that remember the old sierra online games

He was my inspiration for the whole series when I was younger.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote