View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #30
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
thanks mono,

i thought that the warning was about possible problems. i understand now that it's a warning to users that they can actually delete/alter files with this file manager. so just be careful with it. i'll attempt the install and report back whether or not it works on an ArtaTech model.

UPDATE: i did the oftm file manager install and it works. i first ran install_sys_progs.oar, then install.oar, after which it rebooted on its own. then oftm file manager can be found under the "applications" icon. i notice that if you wanted to add standby screen pics of your own, you have to name the pics in sequence, starting with:

screen_saver0.png
screen_saver1.png
screen_saver2.png
screen_saver9.png

i first uploaded 3 test images, and named them with 3, 4, 5, since 0, 1, and 2 were the original factory standby screen pics. tested by cycling the standby mode. it went through all 6 in sequence. then i removed the original 3. when i next put it in standby, i only see a blank screen. i got back into the file manager and renamed them with 0, 1, 2. only then would the images show up. so whatever pics you want to use, they have start with 0 in the name.

Last edited by rem736; 03-27-2013 at 01:07 AM.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote