View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mngharry View Post
I received my Kindle yesterday, and really love it, but it has two issues that bother me. I was wondering whether others had them too.

1. The first is that when the light is turned on, there's a tiny speck of light on the screen that never goes away. It's very small but against a dark background, or when it happens to be over a letter, it suddenly shows up in its distracting presence. Upon closer inspection, while displaying a dark page in complete darkness, I found that there are two other specks of light too, but which are less bright.

2. The second issue is that the display, in a sense, becomes corrupted when the content changes without the e-ink refreshing. Sometimes, after I open a book, I can see a faint outline of the book cover, or the Kindle interface behind the book's text. When I turn a page again, the text becomes corrupted, and some of the letters become distinctly thinner and others bolder, and the edges of the letters are less fine and somewhat pixelated. This doesn't occur too often, but often enough to bother me. However, most of time, I can see how the text becomes less and less fine until the e-ink refreshes. I tried turning the "refresh after every page" setting on, and it seemed to fix the issue, but I'd rather not use it.

I want to love my Kindle and am hoping that I'll stop noticing these issues with use, but they have been really bothering for the two days I have been using the Kindle.
1. The pinpricks should not be there. Your unit is defective. Call for a replacement.

2. Ghosting happens in eInk. This is normal. Usually it's worse in cold weather and will get better the more you use the Device and the warmer it gets. You can get a cleaner screen by turning on the refresh every page feature instead of every 6 pages. It just the way eInk works sometimes. I always use full refresh every page because of it.

It does sound like you got a bad one. I'm seeing alot of these reports. This is disheartening due to the fact that having to wait for a replacement till the end of the month. I can say the $69 Black Kindle is a great little reader with none of these issues.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote