View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I'm guessing, but I think 77% less would make it about as deep as the current K4/KK?
I believe that's correct. This was a concern of mine, also, so I searched the internet for some good photos. According to one of the techies at the event who had hands-on experience (and a really good closeup photo he supplied), the PW's bezel is nice and flat, same depth as the K4 and KK. Yay, no more shadows

As for the display, it's definitely e-ink. The screen always looks so white in most of the photos. But what I've been itching to know, is what it looks like without the light on.

Well, I finally found a closeup shot of a side-by-side comparison of the KT and the PW with the light OFF. Much to my surprise, the color/shade of the PW's screen is no different from the Touch. So it's the light that makes it look "white"...which I'm actually grateful for, because it allows me to decide just how white I want it.

Side by side comparison of KT & PW (w/light off)

As you can see, even though the PW's background is the same greyish color as the KT (with the light off), the fonts themselves are definitely improved...noticeably darker and crisper. So even if it had no light, the display is still greatly improved over the KT.

Last edited by Vmurph; 09-07-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote