Thread: Finally....
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekman View Post
I have one concern...

I know that I will be thrilled with the updated functionality, but does rooting significantly alter the "user experience" (Can I keep the basic functionality the same for my wife, but open up the goodies for me)

She seems to like it the way it is, and I am actually excited that she is enjoying it so much (despite me complaining that she took it away from me)
The only user experience that will change for sure is the "Read in Store" and coupon feature. Otherwise, your rooted Nook can appear just the same.

However, most people (and I believe the autonooter) will install a different home screen. This changes the experience a little. You can alway change the home screen back to the B&N default using "Home switcher" (either installed by autonooter or download from the Market).

If you choose to go back to the B&N home screen, the apps you add will appear in "Extras". One downside to the B&N home screen: when you add apps, you must restart the Nook to have them appear; other homescreens don't have this limitation. Once you have most apps on the Nook, this won't be a big issue.

One more tip: I have 5 kids, and although my wife doesn't show much interest in my NC, I think I need to remove Angry Birds if I want to be able to use the NC when my kids are around ....
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote